Saturday, September 24, 2016

True Charity Is Voluntary

A common question asked of those of us who object to taxation and big government is, “Who will feed the poor?”

Here’s one answer: People like Lauren Puryear.

The 29-year old Woodbridge, Virginia resident and founder of For the Love of Others, a community group that helps individuals in need, has set an impressive goal.

She’d like to feed 30,000 people by her 30th birthday.

Puryear, who is a mental health clinician, began helping to feed the hungry several years ago. She founded For the Love of Others in 2012 after her grandmother passed away.

“She just always had a really big heart, and taught us growing up to take care of other people, and love other people,” said Puryear of her grandmother.

And, she has found a clever way to make her goal a reality: Couponing.

Puryear began feeding those in need by conventional methods, but using coupons is helping her assist not just hundreds, but thousands of people, as she told What’s Up Woodbridge:

“At first I just started off by doing Thanksgiving baskets for needy families, and Christmas wish lists for children. Then as years progressed, God laid other missions on my heart – one, feeding the homeless…I would just buy things in bulk from Costco and BJ’s. But then I was introduced to couponing, and once I learned how to coupon, and once I saw what I was able to buy for little to no money, I said ‘Oh my goodness, this is like going to be my ticket to really, really help people.'”

Depending on the items, Puryear said she can feed as many as 150 people on just $20:

“There are coupons in the Sunday paper, or online that you can print … so I collect as many as I can, match them to the store and that is how I am able to get the items for free.”

Puryear has delivered 5,000 meals so far, and is confident she will reach her goal next year.

You can read the rest @
http://daisyluther.com/virginia-woman-feeds-150-hungry-people-for-20-more-proof-that-the-government-is-obsolete/

Bravo, Lauren !!!

Contrast her accomplishments with that of the Clinton Crime Family Foundation, which raises millions but seems to use most of its assets to pay salaries and benefits for its own higher ups.

No charity which spends less than 100% of its assets directly on the poor, hungry, and homeless is ever again going to get money from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment