Sunday, April 10, 2016

FBI Director Has Tape Over His Webcam

Here's a fine kettle of fish:

FBI Director James Comey gave a speech this week about encryption and privacy, repeating his argument that "absolute privacy" hampers law enforcement. But it was an offhand remark during the Q&A session at Kenyon College that caught the attention of privacy activists.

The thought of the FBI chief taping over his webcam is an arresting one for many.

His comment Wednesday ... was in response to a question about growing public awareness of the ways technology can spy on people, and he acknowledged sharing in the surveillance anxiety.

"I saw something in the news, so I copied it. I put a piece of tape - I have obviously a laptop, personal laptop - I put a piece of tape over the camera. Because I saw somebody smarter than I am had a piece of tape over their camera."

You can read the rest @
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/08/473548674/why-the-fbi-director-puts-tape-over-his-webcam

If even he has to worry about privacy, such a thing no longer exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment