Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Is US A Christian Nation ???

I found this picture on the Facebook page of a hater of Christianity:


I won't argue with the veracity of these statements, but there is another source we can check.

Alexis de Tocqueville was a keen observer of early America, and you can read some of what he wrote about the US here:


I think it is fair to say that the people of the US back then were Christians and that the nation they lived in was Christian, at least to the extent they understood and practiced Christianity. Their leaders were something else altogether.

And I think the same applies today. The people who rule the US are not Christians, even though many US citizens prefer to think of themselves as being in the body of Christ.

To those of you who hate Jesus, all I have to say is "haters gonna hate".

No comments:

Post a Comment