Saturday, July 19, 2014

An Interesting Claim About Lyme Disease

According to this report, a "biofilm" is protecting the organism which causes Lyme Disease from the antibiotics typically used to treat the disease:

http://sheamedical.com/above-and-beyond-antibiotics

I have heard similar claims for years from a number of reputable sources.

I have an interest because I used to live within walking distance of Lyme, Connecticut (ground zero for the disease), and the ticks carrying the disease could be found in my yard. I also used to sail in both naval vessels and commercial ferry boats within sight of Plum Island, the location of the laboratory which some claim is the real source of Lyme Disease. [If you'd like to know more, I suggest you read Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Plum Island Germ Laboratory by Michael C. Carroll.]

The basic question that I have is "why would the US government not recognize that Lyme Disease treatments are ineffective?" Are they that arrogant? Or do they really think that a disease can be said to be "cured" when the patient doesn't get any better, and in fact often gets worse after the so-called successful treatment?

What's really going on here? Are they covering up something, or is this just the usual government stupidity?

No comments:

Post a Comment